- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup low fat (2%) milk
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cups water
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 7 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- 2. Add the baking potatoes, red potatoes and sweet potatoes, stirrting to coat. Add the broth, water, salt, pepper and sage, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes or until the red and sweet potatoes are tender, and the baking potatoes are soft and creamy.
- 3. Stir in the milk and corn, and simmer for 4 minutes or until the corn is heated through. Stir in the parsley
- Serves 4
- Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 282; Fiber 6 grams; Protein 8 grams; Total fat 5 grams (saturated fat 1 gram) Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 480 mg.
- We found this delicious recipe in Eat Well/Stay Well cookbook.
NotesThe red and sweet potatoes will hold their shape, but the baking potatoes will fall apart as they simmer, thickening the broth.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories 282; Fiber 6 grams; Protein 8 grams; Total fat 5 grams (saturated fat 1 gram) Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 480 mg.
We found this delicious recipe in Eat Well/Stay Well cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Italy or Bust
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More