- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup low fat (2%) milk
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cups water
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 7 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- 2. Add the baking potatoes, red potatoes and sweet potatoes, stirrting to coat. Add the broth, water, salt, pepper and sage, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 25 minutes or until the red and sweet potatoes are tender, and the baking potatoes are soft and creamy.
- 3. Stir in the milk and corn, and simmer for 4 minutes or until the corn is heated through. Stir in the parsley
- Serves 4
- Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories 282; Fiber 6 grams; Protein 8 grams; Total fat 5 grams (saturated fat 1 gram) Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 480 mg.
- We found this delicious recipe in Eat Well/Stay Well cookbook.
NotesThe red and sweet potatoes will hold their shape, but the baking potatoes will fall apart as they simmer, thickening the broth.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories 282; Fiber 6 grams; Protein 8 grams; Total fat 5 grams (saturated fat 1 gram) Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 480 mg.
We found this delicious recipe in Eat Well/Stay Well cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More