- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13” baking dish with tin foil and lightly grease It lightly. Melt butter and shortening in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Pour melted butter and shortening into a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa and blend in well. Add sugar and mix well. Dissolve instant coffee in tablespoon of hot water and mix into the cocoa mixture. Add eggs one at a time and beat in well by hand. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt. Pour mixture into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
- While brownies are cooling. To make the frosting – In a bowl cream butter and vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat on medium speed. Dissolve instant coffee in milk and add to the mixture. Beat until lightly and fluffy. Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More