- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 oz fine quality bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)*
- Get ready a large bowl full of ice cold water.
- Stir together 1/4 of the milk and the cornstarch in a measuring cup and let it sit while you whisk together sugar, cocao and remaining milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil while continuing to stir and add in coffee granules.
- Add the cornstarch/milk mixure to the saucepan and bring to a boil again. Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir the mixture and add vanilla and half of the chocolate - keep whisking!
- Place saucepan in that bowl of ice water and whisk away! Place the mocha mixture in a container and put in fridge overnight.
- The next day, make your icecream according to your icecream maker's instructions. Add the remaining chocolate pieces about 5 minutes before the mixture is done churning.
NotesI bought an icecream maker this summer. If you like icecream, buy one for yourself - it's totally worth it.
*I used a dark chocolate bar with toasted hazlenuts for the chocolate chunks in the icecream. Don't use this kind for the melting, but as chunks, it was awesome!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More