- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, and more for sprinkling on top
- 3 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup strong coffee, room temperature
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a large measuring cup, mix all wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir ONLY till moistened. It's very important not to over-mix quick breads, such as muffins, or they can get very tough.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill with batter. I wanted substantial size muffins, and to wash only one tin, so I squeezed all the batter into just 12 muffin cups, but if I had cut back a little in each, I could have easily gotten about 4 to 6 more muffins.
- I sprinkled with some of the remaining chocolate chips and then baked for 18 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More