- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGo to my blog: cuppincakesforyou.blogspot.com
for full commentary and photos.
Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes
courtesy of Magnolia Bakery
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted (see Note)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Note: To melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler over simmering water on low heat for approximately 5–10 minutes. Stir occasionally until completely smooth and no pieces of chocolate remain. Remove from the heat and let cool to lukewarm 5–10 minutes.
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting either by piping or using an off-set spatula.
- 2) Garnish as desired.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More