- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee beans
- 4 ounces 70%-cacao bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Equipment: a mortar and pestle or an electric coffee/spice grinder; 4 (4- to 5-ounces) serving glasses or ramekins
- Grind peppercorns with mortar and pestle.
- Bring cream, coffee, and pepper to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, 30 minutes. Strain cream through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids.
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl. Stir in cream. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites with sugar using an electric mixer until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon mousse into glasses and chill at least 3 hours.
Fueling a Firehouse
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More