- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee beans
- 4 ounces 70%-cacao bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Equipment: a mortar and pestle or an electric coffee/spice grinder; 4 (4- to 5-ounces) serving glasses or ramekins
- Grind peppercorns with mortar and pestle.
- Bring cream, coffee, and pepper to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, 30 minutes. Strain cream through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids.
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl. Stir in cream. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites with sugar using an electric mixer until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon mousse into glasses and chill at least 3 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More