- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee beans
- 4 ounces 70%-cacao bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Equipment: a mortar and pestle or an electric coffee/spice grinder; 4 (4- to 5-ounces) serving glasses or ramekins
- Grind peppercorns with mortar and pestle.
- Bring cream, coffee, and pepper to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, 30 minutes. Strain cream through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids.
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl. Stir in cream. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites with sugar using an electric mixer until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon mousse into glasses and chill at least 3 hours.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More