- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 24 brownies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used Toll House Mini Morsels)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Stir in cocoa powder and coffee crystals. Remove from heat.
Stir in granulated sugar and vanilla.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Stir in flour, chocolate and orange peel until just combined.
Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
If desired, sift powdered sugar over brownies.
Cut into bars.