- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
BackstoryFound this in my moms cookbook, and tried it, its great. So hope you like this one.
- 1 cp. all purpose flour
- 2/3 cp. sugar
- 1/4 cp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coffee granules (instant)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cp. half and half (low fat)
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cp. boiling water
- 1 cp. plus 2 tbsp. vanilla ice cream (I use low fat or light)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2.Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Combine half and half, oil, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, and stir well.
- 3. Spoon batter into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/3 cp. sugar and 2 tbsp. cocoa.Sprinkle over batter.
- 4.Pour 1 cp. boiling water over batter. (Do not stir) Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm with ice cream.