- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 cp. all purpose flour
- 2/3 cp. sugar
- 1/4 cp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coffee granules (instant)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cp. half and half (low fat)
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cp. boiling water
- 1 cp. plus 2 tbsp. vanilla ice cream (I use low fat or light)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2.Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Combine half and half, oil, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, and stir well.
- 3. Spoon batter into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine 1/3 cp. sugar and 2 tbsp. cocoa.Sprinkle over batter.
- 4.Pour 1 cp. boiling water over batter. (Do not stir) Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm with ice cream.
NotesFound this in my moms cookbook, and tried it, its great. So hope you like this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More