- Cooking Time: 22
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350' F.
- Coat bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine coffee and hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts; stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coffee mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips. Bake at 350' for 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- If they haven't all been gobbled up, store leftover brownies in an airtight container for up to a week or wrap tightly in aluminum foil and freeze for up to four months.
Notes"These are amazing -- fudgy and filled with lots of coffee and chocolate flavors. Enjoy with a big glass of milk!"
From Cooking Light
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More