- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs. coffee syrup**
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ** Coffee syrup: In a small bowl combine 1 heaping Tbs. instant coffee granules and 1-2 tsp. hot tap water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- Line sheet pans with baking parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large heavy clad pot over low heat melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in coffee syrup and both sugars; stir until incorporated and smooth; about 2 minutes.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Into cooled chocolate mixture, whisk in eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Add remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheet pans spacing cookies 2" apart.
- Bake in oven for approx. 8-10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and dry looking on top.
- Remove immediately.
- Cookies will be soft but do not over bake!
- Let cookies cool on sheet pan on cooling rack for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
NotesThese cookies are always a big hit!They're addicting!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More