- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs. coffee syrup**
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ** Coffee syrup: In a small bowl combine 1 heaping Tbs. instant coffee granules and 1-2 tsp. hot tap water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- Line sheet pans with baking parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large heavy clad pot over low heat melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in coffee syrup and both sugars; stir until incorporated and smooth; about 2 minutes.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Into cooled chocolate mixture, whisk in eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Add remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheet pans spacing cookies 2" apart.
- Bake in oven for approx. 8-10 minutes or until cookies are puffed and dry looking on top.
- Remove immediately.
- Cookies will be soft but do not over bake!
- Let cookies cool on sheet pan on cooling rack for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
NotesThese cookies are always a big hit!They're addicting!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More