- Cooking Time: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe Cocoa Glaze, below
- In mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, coffee crystals, baking powder, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour. Divide dough in half; wrap. Chill dough 1 to 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Divide each dough half into 24 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough piece in 6-inch rope. Twist 2 ropes together; pinch ends to seal. Place ropes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Dip one end of each twist in Cocoa Glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Makes 24 twists.
- Cocoa Glaze: In a bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, and enough milk (about 3 tablespoons) to make glazing consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More