- Cooking Time: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe Cocoa Glaze, below
- In mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, coffee crystals, baking powder, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour. Divide dough in half; wrap. Chill dough 1 to 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Divide each dough half into 24 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough piece in 6-inch rope. Twist 2 ropes together; pinch ends to seal. Place ropes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Dip one end of each twist in Cocoa Glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Makes 24 twists.
- Cocoa Glaze: In a bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, and enough milk (about 3 tablespoons) to make glazing consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Nick's PicksSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More