MOCK EGG SALAD RECIPE
- (3) 19 oz Cans chick peas, drained
- 1 c Mayonnaise, Salad Dressing, Garlic Aioli or allowed substitute
- 1 c Chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped Basil
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt (optional)
Coarsely mash chick peas. Combine with dressing and other ingredients. Mix until well blended until texture is like real egg salad.
This provides the egg salad taste and protein with almost no fat (mostly found in the egg yolks). Serve it stuffed in a tomato on a lettuce leaf, or open-faced on white or whole wheat toast, garnish with cucumber slices or almond slices for a healthy crunch.