- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (3) 19 oz Cans chick peas, drained
- 1 c Mayonnaise, Salad Dressing, Garlic Aioli or allowed substitute
- 1 c Chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped Basil
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt (optional)
- Coarsely mash chick peas. Combine with dressing and other ingredients. Mix until well blended until texture is like real egg salad.
- This provides the egg salad taste and protein with almost no fat (mostly found in the egg yolks). Serve it stuffed in a tomato on a lettuce leaf, or open-faced on white or whole wheat toast, garnish with cucumber slices or almond slices for a healthy crunch.
NotesI was searching for an egg salad for a non-egg eater. Here it is and it worked wonderfully!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Vegan Eats!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More