- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryCauliflower substitute for mashed potatoes.
This recipe came from a Lo-Carb cookbook, but I can't remember which one, could the the South Beach Diet.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp. straight chicken base or bouillon (may substitute 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper, until almost smooth. Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.