MOCK GARLIC MASHED POTATOES (CAULIFLOWER)
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp. straight chicken base or bouillon (may substitute 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper, until almost smooth. Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.
This recipe came from a Lo-Carb cookbook, but I can't remember which one, could the the South Beach Diet.