- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup Dried black-eyed peas
- 1 med Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 x 4" squares aluminum foil
- Salsa for serving
- Place the black-eyed peas in a medium bowl with water, and soak the peas overnight.
- Drain off the water.
- Place the peas, onion, egg, water, chili powder and salt into the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process until the ingredients form a smooth paste.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the pea mixture on a square of aluminum foil.
- Tightly fold the foil around the mixture.
- Place the foil packets in a medium pot and cover them with water.
- Boil for 1 hour, until the moi-moi is firm. Serve hot or warm with spicy salsa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Breads and Pastry 101
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More