- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup Dried black-eyed peas
- 1 med Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 x 4" squares aluminum foil
- Salsa for serving
- Place the black-eyed peas in a medium bowl with water, and soak the peas overnight.
- Drain off the water.
- Place the peas, onion, egg, water, chili powder and salt into the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Process until the ingredients form a smooth paste.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the pea mixture on a square of aluminum foil.
- Tightly fold the foil around the mixture.
- Place the foil packets in a medium pot and cover them with water.
- Boil for 1 hour, until the moi-moi is firm. Serve hot or warm with spicy salsa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Breads and Pastry 101
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More