- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- Sugar glaze (optional, see below)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter and flour two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch (6-cup) loaf pans (see note, below); set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugars, pumpkin, melted butter, and eggs; add flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; invert pans and transfer loaves to a wire rack to cool completely. Glaze, if desired.
- For the sugar glaze: In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar with 2 to 3 tablespoons water until mixture is smooth but thick. Place waxed paper under rack for a quick cleanup. For easy pouring, transfer glaze to a liquid-measuring cup, and drizzle over loaves. Let dry 15 minutes before serving.
Notes"I tried out this recipe today and I liked it a lot. It is very moist and not overly sweet. The glaze kicks up a notch."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More