- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 large eggs
- Sugar glaze (optional, see below)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter and flour two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch (6-cup) loaf pans (see note, below); set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugars, pumpkin, melted butter, and eggs; add flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; invert pans and transfer loaves to a wire rack to cool completely. Glaze, if desired.
- For the sugar glaze: In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar with 2 to 3 tablespoons water until mixture is smooth but thick. Place waxed paper under rack for a quick cleanup. For easy pouring, transfer glaze to a liquid-measuring cup, and drizzle over loaves. Let dry 15 minutes before serving.
Notes"I tried out this recipe today and I liked it a lot. It is very moist and not overly sweet. The glaze kicks up a notch."
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More