- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large whole hame
- whole cloves
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 can classic coke
- burgandy wind
- pineapple juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Remove the rine from a large whole ham and score the fat in the traditional diamond pattern.
- Stud it heavily with whole cloves and place it in a large roaster.
- Pack One whole pound of brown sugar on to the top of the ham just as thick and as high as you cant pack it. Dont worry about the part that falls off it will be left in the pan to melt into the glaze
- Put this in the 400 degree oven for thirty to forty minutes until the brown sugar begins to melt.
- Then pour one can of Classic Coke over the ham very gradually trying not to wash off the melting sugar.
- Reduce the oven temp to 325 degrees.
- For the remaining basting you will use a mixture of half burgandy wine and half pineapple juice basteing every 30 minutes for 4 hours. Be sure to dip up the pan juices and spoon them back up over the top too. The idea is to keep the meat super moist for the whole time it is cooking.
- You may "tent it" with foil the first 3 and a half hours and I always do if I have a lot going on and might become distracted.
NotesThis will be the best tasting ham you have ever ate so be willing to devote a little extra time to it.
(The secret is in the basting..dont skip and dont skimp.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More