- Cooking Time: 12 to 15 min.
- Servings: 2 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. freshly ground nutmeg
- Orange Icing:
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. confectioners sugar
- 2 to 3 T. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg with a wire whisk.
- Add flour mixutre to the batter, 1/2 c. at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart on to a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are firm and have lost any sheen on the tops.
- Transfer cookie to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make icing, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the orange juice, one T. at a time, until frosting reaches spreading consistancy.
- Using a spatula, swirl the icing on top of each cookie
NotesI found this in an old cookie cookbook. Once I baked them, they were an instant Christmas classic in our house.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More