- Cooking Time: 12 to 15 min.
- Servings: 2 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. freshly ground nutmeg
- Orange Icing:
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. confectioners sugar
- 2 to 3 T. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg with a wire whisk.
- Add flour mixutre to the batter, 1/2 c. at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart on to a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are firm and have lost any sheen on the tops.
- Transfer cookie to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make icing, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the orange juice, one T. at a time, until frosting reaches spreading consistancy.
- Using a spatula, swirl the icing on top of each cookie
NotesI found this in an old cookie cookbook. Once I baked them, they were an instant Christmas classic in our house.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Recipes for Vitality
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More