- Cooking Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes allspice
- **Maple cinnamon cream cheese icing
- Bring eggs to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan
- Onto wax paper, measure out 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 dashes allspice. I usually sift these all together to make sure I don't get a lump of baking soda etc. in my bars, but it is optional.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together the two sugars, 15 oz of pumpkin, 1 cup oil, and the 4 room temperature eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet until they are blended together.
- Pour onto the greased jelly roll pan, or a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese icing and then cut into bars before removing from the pan.
- **To regular cream cheese icing I added 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
NotesOne of my husband co-workers asked if his wife could make pumpkin bars, so of course I just had to comply. They were a hit and they said to tell me that I can bake for them anytime.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Lau Family Recipes
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More