- Cooking Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes allspice
- **Maple cinnamon cream cheese icing
- Bring eggs to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan
- Onto wax paper, measure out 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 dashes allspice. I usually sift these all together to make sure I don't get a lump of baking soda etc. in my bars, but it is optional.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together the two sugars, 15 oz of pumpkin, 1 cup oil, and the 4 room temperature eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet until they are blended together.
- Pour onto the greased jelly roll pan, or a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese icing and then cut into bars before removing from the pan.
- **To regular cream cheese icing I added 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
NotesOne of my husband co-workers asked if his wife could make pumpkin bars, so of course I just had to comply. They were a hit and they said to tell me that I can bake for them anytime.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
50 Shades of Taste
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More