- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 300g (10oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g (8oz) butter, room temperature
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup (115g) sugar
- 1 ¼ cups (170g) all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup (85g) almond meal
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF. Line the base of a 23cm* (9in) round cake pan with non-stick baking paper – I used waxed paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes, or until pale and thick. Sift the flour and baking powder over the egg mixture and gently fold through with the almond meal and chocolate mixture.
- Line the base of a 23cm* (9in) round cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the pan.
- Pour icing over the cake while still hot; spread with a palette knife or the back of a spoon if necessary.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More