- Cooking Time: 14 to 16
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes+
- Mojito Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rum extract^
- 1 whole lime, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1. in mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and cream
- add the egg and beat until fluffy
- add rum extract, lime zest, lime juice and mint extract
- mix until well combined
- 2. sift together all the dry ingredients and add to the mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients until just mixed, DO NOT OVERMIX!
- 3. divide dough into 2 parts, place in plastic wrap and roll into a log. place in cooler overnight or place in freezer for 1 hour
- preheat oven to 350*
- 4. place parchment on 1/2 sheet pan
- slice the rolls into 1/4" thick rounds and place 3 across and 4 down on the parchment lined sheet pan
- sprinkle with sugar
- bake at 350* for 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown
- remove and place cooling rack for 8-10 minutes
- sit back, have a glass of Sparkling mojito beverage, have some friends over and enjoy!
- note:^ remember that's rum extract, not rum.
NotesI was wanting to make something different, and decided I'd try this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More