MOJITO RICE WITH PORK AND PIGEON PEAS
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pork chops, cubed
- 1 jar Cuban Mojito Simmering Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can pigeon peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- garlic powder & onion powder to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
In a pan, saute garlic in oil.
Season pork with seasonings and brown with garlic.
When browned, add rice and stir to coat with oil.
Add sauce, tomatoes, pigeon peas.
Stir and allow to cook on medium to medium low heat.
Add more seasonings to taste.