- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Navy beans
- 12 slices of Bacon
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped Onions
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/2 Cup light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground Cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook beans to tender, reserving 2 cups of cooking liquid.
- -Preheat oven to 375
- -Set aside 6 strips of bacon, dice the rest
- -saute the diced bacon over med-high heat. As soon as it renders some fat add the onions and saute 7 minutes.
- -Add molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, cloves and reserved bean liquid - stir in well.
- -Add beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- -Bring to a simmer. Transfer to a 2-3 qt baking dish. Lay the remaining bacon strips on top and bake for 1 hour. Let cool and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More