- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Navy beans
- 12 slices of Bacon
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped Onions
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/2 Cup light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground Cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook beans to tender, reserving 2 cups of cooking liquid.
- -Preheat oven to 375
- -Set aside 6 strips of bacon, dice the rest
- -saute the diced bacon over med-high heat. As soon as it renders some fat add the onions and saute 7 minutes.
- -Add molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, cloves and reserved bean liquid - stir in well.
- -Add beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- -Bring to a simmer. Transfer to a 2-3 qt baking dish. Lay the remaining bacon strips on top and bake for 1 hour. Let cool and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More