- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Butter for pan
- Candy wrappers OR waxed paper cut in 3" squares
- 2 C dark molasses
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1.5 T Butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 7 drops oil of peppermint
- Grease a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides - 10 x 14 baking dish)with butter. - wipe out excess.
- Cook molasses and vinegar in a saucepan slowly, stirring constantly, until the temperature is 270' (candy thermometer) (syrup will be brittle when drizzled in cold water)
- Remove from heat and add butter, salt and soda. Stir until mixture ceases to foam.
- Pour into greased pan.
- When cool enough to handle, pour peppermint in the center, bring the corners up and fold over.
- Lightly butter hands and wipe off excess - pull taffy gently till light in color and firm. Roll into a thin rope. Cut in pieces and wrap in waxed paper. (roll up and twist ends)
NotesRecipe from a shop on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More