MOLASSES MINT SALT WATER TAFFY
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Butter for pan
- Candy wrappers OR waxed paper cut in 3" squares
- 2 C dark molasses
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1.5 T Butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 7 drops oil of peppermint
- Grease a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides - 10 x 14 baking dish)with butter. - wipe out excess.
- Cook molasses and vinegar in a saucepan slowly, stirring constantly, until the temperature is 270' (candy thermometer) (syrup will be brittle when drizzled in cold water)
- Remove from heat and add butter, salt and soda. Stir until mixture ceases to foam.
- Pour into greased pan.
- When cool enough to handle, pour peppermint in the center, bring the corners up and fold over.
- Lightly butter hands and wipe off excess - pull taffy gently till light in color and firm. Roll into a thin rope. Cut in pieces and wrap in waxed paper. (roll up and twist ends)
NotesRecipe from a shop on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More