- Cooking Time: 10-14 minutes per sheet
- Servings: makes 24
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup softened butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups AP flour
- (+1/2 cup sugar for later)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With elec mixer, beat butter and sugar until combined.
- Add egg and molasses and beat again.
- Add remaining dry ingredients gradually until blended.
- Scoop dough into 2-3 tablespoon size balls and roll in granulated sugar
- Place on cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. (They really spread out!)
- Bake one sheet at a time until edges are just firm, about 10-14 minutes.
- (Can be baked two sheets at a time, but they will not crackle uniformly)
- Cool 1 minute, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
NotesI made these with a "ice-cream-type" cookie scoop and they came out about the size of a CD. They are delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More