- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- For the enchiladas
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 cups white Mexican blend cheese, crumbled or cubed (Oaxacan is best, but Monterey Jack or Chihuahua would be okay)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- For the Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil or corn oil
- 1/2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- For the sauce:
- 1. Saute onion in oil until tender.
- 2. Add garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon; saute together for a few minutes.
- 3. Stir in flour and chili powder, coating onion mixture.
- 4. Slowly whisk in vegetable (or chicken) stock; reduce until sauce thickens, whisking frequently (this will take about 30 minutes).
- 5. Stir in semisweet chocolate until melted and smooth.
- 6. Assemble enchiladas: Steam or soften tortillas in a lightly greased skillet .
- 7. Roll up 1/2 cup (or whatever fits your tortillas) of cheese in each corn tortilla.
- 8. Sprinkle with green onions and pour sauce over.
- 9. Cover baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 10. (Oaxacan cheese takes slightly longer to melt.).
NotesYummy!! Can be made with chicken also for the non-vegetarians!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More