- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Butter (Unsalted) and Sugar (Baker’s) for Ramekins
- 1/2 lb. Quality Bittersweet Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 lb. Unsalted Butter
- 5 (Large)Eggs
- 1-1/2 Cups Baker’s Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose White Flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of 12 4-ounce ramekins and sprinkle with sugar, tapping them to remove excess sugar. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler or heavy bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Whisk until thoroughly melted and combined.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and flour until just blended. Gradually and slowly whisk the slightly cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins, using about 1/3 cup for each ramekin. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are firm and beginning to crack and the edges are set. Remove from oven and serve immediately with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
- Remember…the exterior of these should be cake-like while the center should remain hot, soft and runny.
NotesBeautifully rich chocolate all melty and flowing out of the cakes when cut with a fork is heavenly! Really easy to prepare and impressive when served! Splurge on the chocolate. The more quality the chocolate, the better the taste and texture!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
The Italian Exchange
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More