- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Butter (Unsalted) and Sugar (Baker’s) for Ramekins
- 1/2 lb. Quality Bittersweet Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 lb. Unsalted Butter
- 5 (Large)Eggs
- 1-1/2 Cups Baker’s Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose White Flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of 12 4-ounce ramekins and sprinkle with sugar, tapping them to remove excess sugar. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler or heavy bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Whisk until thoroughly melted and combined.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and flour until just blended. Gradually and slowly whisk the slightly cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins, using about 1/3 cup for each ramekin. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are firm and beginning to crack and the edges are set. Remove from oven and serve immediately with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
- Remember…the exterior of these should be cake-like while the center should remain hot, soft and runny.
NotesBeautifully rich chocolate all melty and flowing out of the cakes when cut with a fork is heavenly! Really easy to prepare and impressive when served! Splurge on the chocolate. The more quality the chocolate, the better the taste and texture!