MOLTEN-MIDDLE TRUFFLE COOKIES
Molten-Middle Truffle Cookies
- 1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 24 KRAFT Caramels, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted, stirring after 30 sec. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Blend in milk and vanilla. Add flour and walnuts; mix well. (Dough will be stiff.)
SHAPE 1 level tablespoonful of dough around each caramel half, enclosing caramel completely. Roll in sugar. Place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 6 to 8 min. or cookies are until soft and shiny. Let stand 5 min. on baking sheet. Transfer to wire racks. Cool completely. (Cookies will firm up as they cool.)
Kraft Kitchens Tips
How to Warm Cooled Cookies - To warm cookies and soften caramel centers after cooling, microwave each cookie on HIGH 10 sec. or just until warmed.
Marshmallow Centers - Prepare as directed, substituting 48 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows for the halved caramels.
White Chocolate Centers - Substitute 1 pkg. (6 squares) BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate for the caramels. Cut each white chocolate square into eight equal chunks; set aside. Prepare dough as directed; shape 1 level tablespoon dough around each chocolate chunk. Place on baking sheets and bake as directed. Cool completely.
- I believe it took longer than 30 minutes to make all the balls and roll them in sugar. I would guess more around 45 minutes.
- I did get more than 48 cookies, I ended up with almost 60.
- I would measure a heaping 1/4 cup of sugar because I had to add more sugar into my bowl.