- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten with a fork.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners’ sugar
- Mix dry ingredients (except confectioners’ sugar) in mixing bowl.
- Add butter, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Mix with fingers until dough holds together.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- With floured palms, roll each part into a ball.
- Press each ball into a 8 to 9 inch pie pan.
- Flatten evenly with palms.
- Crimp edges as for a pie crust, or cut slashes in edges at 2 inch intervals with a floured knife.
- Prick the surface with a floured fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut into 8 wedges per pie pan (16 total).
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Do not remove from pie pans until completely cool.
NotesNot sure where mom got this recipe or the name, but these sure are good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More