- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 3oz packages strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups diced apples
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Melt cranberry sauce over medium heat.
- Separate and reserve liquid and whole berries.
- Mix together cranberry juice, boiling water, and Jell-O.
- Stir until Jell-O is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Chill until Jell-O mounds slightly on a spoon.
- Add mayonnaise and beat until smooth.
- Fold in cranberries, apples and nuts.
- Pour into a 2-quart mold.
- Chill overnight.
NotesThis cranberry salad was a big hit at the last Thanksgiving dinner my Mom hosted.