- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Beef Chunks for Stew
- 2 Guineos Verde (Green Bananas)
- 1 Platano
- 2 Yautias
- 1 Malanga, Malanga, Malanga! (LOL)
- 1 Piece of Calabaza
- Corn on the Cob (optional)
- 1 Can of Garbanzos
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- Recao (or even better..Fresh Sofrito from Carol ☺) or Fresh Recao Leaves
- Fresh Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Peel your root vegetables and cut into bite size pieces.
- Fill pot halfway with water and salt. Add beef and bring to a slow boil until meat is cooked. As the beef is cooking, add the seasonings and the tomato sauce.
- Next add the platano and malanga (they take longer to cook). Then add the yautias, guineos and corn.
- Once everything is cooked, add the calabaza and the garbanzos.
- Keep cooking on medium heat until it starts to thicken a bit or until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
NotesSubmitted by Diana Perez
Love you both!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More