- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Beef Chunks for Stew
- 2 Guineos Verde (Green Bananas)
- 1 Platano
- 2 Yautias
- 1 Malanga, Malanga, Malanga! (LOL)
- 1 Piece of Calabaza
- Corn on the Cob (optional)
- 1 Can of Garbanzos
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- Recao (or even better..Fresh Sofrito from Carol ☺) or Fresh Recao Leaves
- Fresh Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Peel your root vegetables and cut into bite size pieces.
- Fill pot halfway with water and salt. Add beef and bring to a slow boil until meat is cooked. As the beef is cooking, add the seasonings and the tomato sauce.
- Next add the platano and malanga (they take longer to cook). Then add the yautias, guineos and corn.
- Once everything is cooked, add the calabaza and the garbanzos.
- Keep cooking on medium heat until it starts to thicken a bit or until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
NotesSubmitted by Diana Perez
Love you both!
Lau Family Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More