- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32 to 36
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 well beaten eggs
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Coarsely chopped pecans, for topping
- In mixing bowl, blend softened butter and cream cheese.
- Stir in flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/16 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 ½ to 2 ¾ inch rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Pat rounds into 1 ¾ inch muffin pans.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Completely cool tart shells.
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin and rum extract.
- Cook and stir over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pipe or spoon 2 to 3 teaspoons into each tart shell.
- Garnish with chopped pecans.
- Serve or freeze.
- To freeze, arrange on baking sheet and freeze uncovered for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm, to protect shape.
- Place in freezer proof container in single layer.
- Keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- Thaw for 30 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More