- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32 to 36
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 well beaten eggs
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Coarsely chopped pecans, for topping
- In mixing bowl, blend softened butter and cream cheese.
- Stir in flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/16 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 ½ to 2 ¾ inch rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Pat rounds into 1 ¾ inch muffin pans.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Completely cool tart shells.
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin and rum extract.
- Cook and stir over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pipe or spoon 2 to 3 teaspoons into each tart shell.
- Garnish with chopped pecans.
- Serve or freeze.
- To freeze, arrange on baking sheet and freeze uncovered for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm, to protect shape.
- Place in freezer proof container in single layer.
- Keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- Thaw for 30 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Italian Exchange
Adventures in CookingSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More