- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pound (2 ½ cups) packed brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups light cream
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Butter sides of a heavy, 5 quart Dutch oven.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and dash of salt.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in light corn syrup, mix well.
- Gradually add cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to “firm –ball” stage (245 degrees – about 30 to 35 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Place nuts evenly on bottom of buttered 9x9x2 inch baking plan.
- Pour syrup over nuts.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
- Makes 2 pounds
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More