- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pound (2 ½ cups) packed brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups light cream
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Butter sides of a heavy, 5 quart Dutch oven.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and dash of salt.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in light corn syrup, mix well.
- Gradually add cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to “firm –ball” stage (245 degrees – about 30 to 35 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Place nuts evenly on bottom of buttered 9x9x2 inch baking plan.
- Pour syrup over nuts.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
- Makes 2 pounds
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More