- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup finly chopped walnuts (or macadamian nuts) pluss a little extra for topping.
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip brand whipped topping
- 2 LARGEE boxes chocolate pudding (NOT INSTANT)
- 5 cups milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings (enough for topping/garnish - to taste)
- Layer 1 - Mix together flour, margarine and 1/2 cup nuts and spread out on the bottom of a 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minuts, until golden.
- Set out to cool.
- Layer 2 - Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip brand whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over 1st layer (crust) after crust has completly cooled.
- Layer 3 - Cook 2 large boxes of chocolate pudding, using only 5 cups of milk instead of 6.
- Refrigerate until completly cooled.
- Spread evenly on Cool Whip layer.
- Layer 4 - Beat 1 pint of whipped cream until fluffy.
- Spread evenly on top of puddin layer.
- Sprinkle with reserved nuts and chocolate shavings.
NotesLast time I made this was for a group of friends, including Shane (Culinaryalchemist). I was so nervouse of cooking a desert for Shane, especially one that used BOXED pudding AND Cool Whip!!! Well, when I asked him what he thought, he mumbled incoherantly, protectivly gripped his bowl to his chest, and retreated to the corner where he ate the HOLE thing!!! (I think he even licked the bowl).
Well, that was high praise, especially since Shane "Doesn't eat desserts"! LOL... He makes great ones, just doesn't eat them...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More