- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts OR pecans)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 pans or cans.
- Stir together: flour soda, salt, and nuts. Set aside.
- Blend shortening and sugar until creamy. Mix in eggs. Add mashed bananas and dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
NotesThis is my Mom's favorite banana bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More