- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in banana, milk and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir by hand just until combined.
- Pour into 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing
NotesFor as long as I can remember, my Mom's been making this banana bread. It's so delicious and simple, there's no reason to try any other recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More