- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in banana, milk and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir by hand just until combined.
- Pour into 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing
NotesFor as long as I can remember, my Mom's been making this banana bread. It's so delicious and simple, there's no reason to try any other recipe!