- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 C. Shortening
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 additional Cup of Flour
- Preheat Oven to 500`
- In medium-large bowl, place the flour and cut in shortening with a fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Add milk; Mix well. The dough should be soft and wet.
- Place extra cup of flour in seperate small bowl.
- "Flour" hands and pull of a "biscuit-sized" portion of dough and roll in flour. Roll gently in palm. The center of biscuit should still be soft and wet.
- Place on a lightly greased 9-inch pan or cookie sheet (I always use my baking stone)
- Flatten "balls" slightly and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with country gravy and sausage for breakfast or with a homestyle meal!
NotesThis is a recipe for homemade biscuits that was passed down from my great-aunt to my mom when she was younger and then to me...I have always called them mom's best biscuits because they are soooo great(and super-easy to make)!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More