- Cooking Time: 11-14 or unti browned
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. dark brown sugar
- 6 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue for top)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 pre-baked pie shells
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch. Cook on stove until thickened. Remove from stove, and add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shells.
- Top with meringue and bake until browned.
NotesMy mother was a baker......she baked something every day! This was one of my fathers biggest weakness! It is so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Italian ExchangeSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More