- Cooking Time: 11-14 or unti browned
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. dark brown sugar
- 6 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue for top)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 pre-baked pie shells
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch. Cook on stove until thickened. Remove from stove, and add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shells.
- Top with meringue and bake until browned.
NotesMy mother was a baker......she baked something every day! This was one of my fathers biggest weakness! It is so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
The Social Cookbook
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More