- Cooking Time: 11-14 or unti browned
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. dark brown sugar
- 6 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue for top)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 pre-baked pie shells
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch. Cook on stove until thickened. Remove from stove, and add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shells.
- Top with meringue and bake until browned.
NotesMy mother was a baker......she baked something every day! This was one of my fathers biggest weakness! It is so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More