- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 boneless, skin free chicken breast halves
- ( 4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 container (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup uncooked Bulgur
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken, 1 minute per side, until golden. Remove.
- 2. In same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes or until tender. Add bulgur; cook, stirring 1 minute to toast. Add broth, carrots, cranberries, poultry seasoning and remaining garlic salt; mix well.
- 3. Place chicken on top of bulgur mixture in skillet. Cover, bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 15 minutes until chicken registers 160 degrees on instant read thermometer, liquid is absorbed and bulgur is tender. remove chicken from skillet; cut each piece crosswise into slices. Place generous 2/3 cup bulgur onto each plate; fan chicken on top. Serve with spinach salad, if desired.
NotesOne time, my mother Found a recipe in a magazine. Not sure what magazine. can't find the recipe online, though. The recipe was in an article (can't find it online, ether). It was for Chicken with Bulgur Pilaf, and it sounded so good! she decided to try it. Then she served it to me, and I liked it, too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More