- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 whole chicken breasts, cook,
- skinned & diced
- 2 small cans black olives, sliced
- 2 pkgs. Mexican Cheese Blend,
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or several
- drops of hot sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 3 small cans Ortega Green Chilies,
- 3 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 pkg. large flour tortillas
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp season salt
- 1 T. butter
- Combine soup and sour cream in medium bowl, set aside.
- In large heavy skillet melt butter, add onions, mushrooms and garlic. Saute until onions become clear. Add olives, chilies and chicken. Take 1/2 cup of soup/sour cream mixture, place in a small bowl, add all the seasonings. Combine seasoned soup with the onions and chicken, mix together well. Take tortillas, fill with a large scoop of chicken mixture, a sprinkle of cheese and roll up.
- Place in 9x13 casserole, that has been oiled and a litter of the soup mixture, seam side down. Continue until all filling is gone. Cover with remaining soup/sour cream mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until it begins to bubble and cheese is a light golden color. To serve; top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, slice of avocado and salsa.
NotesMy Mom developed this recipe many years ago. It has been a family favorite, a pot luck favorite. This also is great for large group parties. You can make it ahead of time. I have also made it using crepes instead of tortillas, just a different twist. It's wonderful anyway you make it, Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More