- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pkg. Shake and Bake Hot & Spicy OR 1/2 cup bread crumbs + 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning powder
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar
- 2 bell peppers (red or orange)
- 1 medium onion
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- Oil or nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a casserole dish lightly with oil.
- Coat chicken with breading mixture and spread out in dish. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While chicken cooks, saute peppers and onion in oil until soft. Mix chiles and cheese.
- After 30 minutes, turn the chicken pieces, add the peppers and onions on top, then the chiles and cheese (add olives to the top if you have chosen to use them).
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa.
NotesI remember my mother making this meal fairly often while I was in high school. I still associate the flavors with sitting around the dinner table with my family!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More