- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 carrots peeled and quarters
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup wondra flour
- 1 whole chicken
- I can of buttermilk biscuits
- Combine the ingredients everything but the flour into pressure cooker.
- Cover, lock, and cook on LOW PRESSURE for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, lower pressure with quick release method.
- Remove chicken and bay leaves
- Combine or cut biscuits into quarters dumpling
- Bring liquid in pressure cooker to a boil.
- Add wondra flour whip into broth
- drop quartered sized dumplings into boiling broth.
- Cover over high heat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Shred Chicken off bone as dumplings cook.
- Add shredded chicken back into dumpling pot, or serve directly into bowls and spoon broth and dumplings over it.
NotesThe work for this recipe is in cooking the chicken and broth for the dumplings. You can use any good biscuit recipe or like me I use canned buttermilk biscuits cut into quarters. This is cooked in a pressure cooker.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Naked Macaron
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More