- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time: 45 min.
- 3-4 lbs of round steak or sirloin
- 2-3 minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp.
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 sliced bell peppers
- 4-5 sliced celery sticks
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- Garlic powder, black pepper, meat tenderizer
- Sprinkle beef with garlic powder, pepper, and tenderizer.
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Cook the garlic in olive oil over med. heat for a few minutes.
- Add the beef strips and brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat.
- Next add the onion, bell peppers and celery
- Then add the bouillon cubes and 2/3 cups of water.
- Add the soy sauce also.
- Simmer 1-hour.
- Thicken with cornstarch mixed with a little water.
NotesMom always fixed this in her electric skillet. Serve over chow mein dry noodles or rice. Egg rolls on the side. Great dish.