- Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: depends on thickness
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 lbs. butter or margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. anisette extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line bottom of cookie sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Mix together the flour, baking power, baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and gradually add both brown and white sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter and sugar mixture,
- Add anisette extract.
- Add dry ingredients that were set aside to butter, sugar, egg mixture and blend together.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips
- Shape dough into long roll to fit on cookie sheet
- Bake in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly brown.
- Make a thin glaze of XXX sugar and milk
- Drizzle glaze over log
- Slice on diagonal when glaze has harden
NotesThis is a cookie favorite my dear mother used to bake for the family. We thought the recipe was lost forever when Mom passed away many years ago. Just last winter while I was going through some of Mom's old photos, there tucked away in the old shoebox was this recipe in her handwriting. What a treasure for me to discover...Mom's Chocolate chip log cookies an d a copy of her handwriting!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Short & Sweet
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More