- Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Servings: depends on thickness
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 lbs. butter or margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. anisette extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line bottom of cookie sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Mix together the flour, baking power, baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and gradually add both brown and white sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter and sugar mixture,
- Add anisette extract.
- Add dry ingredients that were set aside to butter, sugar, egg mixture and blend together.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips
- Shape dough into long roll to fit on cookie sheet
- Bake in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until lightly brown.
- Make a thin glaze of XXX sugar and milk
- Drizzle glaze over log
- Slice on diagonal when glaze has harden
NotesThis is a cookie favorite my dear mother used to bake for the family. We thought the recipe was lost forever when Mom passed away many years ago. Just last winter while I was going through some of Mom's old photos, there tucked away in the old shoebox was this recipe in her handwriting. What a treasure for me to discover...Mom's Chocolate chip log cookies an d a copy of her handwriting!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Breads and Pastry 101
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More