- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2/3 cup almond or peanut butter
- a healthy dash of umeboshi vinegar
- a healthy dash of vanilla
- 3 cups of "Erewhon" crispy brown rice cereal
- Umeboshi vinegar is plum vinegar if you cant find this ingredient it tastes the same without it. All the ingredients can be found at Whole Foods. The brown rice cereal is wheat free but can be substituted with a gluten free cereal if needed.
- 1. over medium flame, heat up the brown rice syrup
- 2. add nut butter, ume vinegar and vanilla, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth
- thinned out and bubbling a little
- 3. pour cereal into mixing bowl and add nut butter mixture in to it.
- 4. blend well with a wooden spoon
- 5. pour into an oiled pan and flatten with a wet spatula
- 6. let cool, slice and serve
NotesI got this recipe from my mother. This is a perfect recipe for those who like to stay away from sugary snacks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More