- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: Yeilds 6 (w/12 potatoes)
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 8-12 Russet potatoes
- 1-2 sticks of butter cut into 1TBSP. sized pieces
- 4 cups of milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Get a large pot of water to boiling on high. While your water is coming to a boil,
- (Wash) Peel and cut potatoes. (Cut in half, then quarter them.)
- Place potatoes in a pot full of boiling water. (Water should be high enough to cover potatoes but not boil over! :) )
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes. (fork tender.)
- Drain HALF of the starchy water off, into a colander leaving the other half in the pot with the potatoes.
- Add milk to potatoes and water.
- Mash some of the potatoes, for a thicker soup consistency.
- Add parsley.
- Add butter.
- Season with Salt & Pepper, generously.
- Feel free to garnish with Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, bacon bits!
NotesGrowing up, one of my favorite and most comforting meals to eat was my mom's Homemade Potato Soup. Warm & Creamy, with tender potatoes, ... I would have "2nds" quite often. As an adult, I often find myself having 3rds... and on particularly chilly days, maybe a small 4th! :) Comforting, and delicious; this Homemade Potato Soup is sure to please.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More