- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 1-10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- •1/2 cup mashed potatoes (baked or cooked)
- •1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- •2 tablespoon cinnamon
- •1 pound sifted 10x sugar
- •Combine potatoe, vanilla 1 cup at a time of the 10x sugar to form a soft non sticky dough.
- •Take note on this: Mashed will use more sugar than the baked. Baked will be drier.
- •Working with 1 Teaspoon of mixture for each candy shape into small irregular spheres (like new potatoes). Set on wax paper to dry slightly before coating. If you coat before drying out your cinnamon will be wet and blotchy. After they dry a little. Toss candies a few at a time in a plastic bag with cinnamon. Shake off excess. Store in cool dry place.
- •You can add to the mix chopped coconut to the mix.
NotesI have been making this recipe since I was a young kid in school. I have tried many but I keep going back to this one. My daughter and I love this...we only make this on St. Patty's day...but we could eat these any time....and all the time!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More