- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Tbl. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup minced clams with liquid (canned)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, chopped into small pieces
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine or vermouth
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. linguine
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in large skillet until hot. Add minced garlic and cook gently 5 minutes.
- 3. Add parsley, clams, shrimp, oregano, wine and cayenne. Heat until bubbling and shrimp are pink.
- 4. Add sauce to hot cooked pasta and dress with parsley and lots of fresh parmesan.
- Serves 3-4.
NotesI learned to cook by watching my mother, who rarely made a bad meal. Originally from a Joy of Cooking recipe, Mom has made this quick pasta for as long as I can remember, much to the dismay of her children. She has adapted it over the years and often adds a dozen fresh littleneck clams to the canned. If using fresh clams, steam the clams in white wine by themselves in a pot with a lid. Make the sauce without the shrimp and add the steamed clams when you add the canned.