- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- handful fresh basil, torn (use frozen or dried if you don't have fresh)
- 1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can LeSeueur Peas (substitute frozen if you like)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. romano cheese
- 1 pound small pasta such as medium shells, ditalini, etc.
- extra virgin olive oil
- Saute onion and garlic in extra virgin olive oil until soft. Add crushed pepper and dried or frozen basil (if using). Add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Let cook for about 25 -30 minutes. Add peas. If you're using canned peas use the juice from the can to thin out the sauce. (This should be a loose sauce but not soupy. Use as much or as little liquid as you like. If using frozen peas add some of the starchy pasta water to thin out the sauce.) Let cook for another 10 minutes on low
- to combine flavor of peas with sauce. Add romano cheese, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Toss pasta with sauce adding more pasta water if it's too thick. Top with grated cheese.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More