- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10 to 16
- Preparation Time: 20 min
BackstoryMy mother has always made this cake for as long as I can remember. I always thought it was so hard to make and would never try. My mother finally made me make it for my oldest sons birthday. It was easy. This is my oldest son's and my best friends favorite cake. I made one for the school bake sale and it brought 15 dollars. I love making this cake and the memories I have when I make it.
- Dry ingredients first
- 2 Cups flour 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Make a well in dry ingredients.
- ½ cup oil 5 egg yolks (save the whites you will need 8 whites)
- 3/4 cup water 2 tsp maple flavoring
- Add all wet ingredients into the well part of the dry ingredients.
- With mixer beat the mixture together until the batter looks satin smooth.
- 8 egg whites
- In glass bowl beat the 8 egg whites till they form a stiff peak. You can add a tsp of white sugar to make the whites get stiff or 1 tsp of cream of tartar.
- FOLD the satin smooth cake batter into the stiff egg whites. Make sure that you fold all the eggs and batter together. Place in angel food cake pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. When you take the cake out of the oven flip it upside down. Let cool for 1 to 2 hours.
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- hot water (just enough to mix medium mixture.
- Frost cake
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More