MOM'S MAPLE CHIFFON CAKE
Mom's Maple Chiffon Cake
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10 to 16
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- Dry ingredients first
- 2 Cups flour 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Make a well in dry ingredients.
- ½ cup oil 5 egg yolks (save the whites you will need 8 whites)
- 3/4 cup water 2 tsp maple flavoring
Add all wet ingredients into the well part of the dry ingredients.
With mixer beat the mixture together until the batter looks satin smooth.
8 egg whites
In glass bowl beat the 8 egg whites till they form a stiff peak. You can add a tsp of white sugar to make the whites get stiff or 1 tsp of cream of tartar.
FOLD the satin smooth cake batter into the stiff egg whites. Make sure that you fold all the eggs and batter together. Place in angel food cake pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. When you take the cake out of the oven flip it upside down. Let cool for 1 to 2 hours.
3/4 stick of butter
16 oz powdered sugar
1 tsp maple flavoring
hot water (just enough to mix medium mixture.