- Cooking Time: 60 - 90
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces of white bread - soaked in milk
- 5 pieces of american cheese
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- Simmer diced onions in water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In large bowl, combine meats, onion, egg, bread (soak bread in milk first), cheese (tear into small pieces), tomato sauce (only use about 6 of the 8 oz.), and salt & pepper too taste.
- Mix everything up - your hands work best.
- Place in a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Drain grease occasionally.
- After 45 minutes,top meatloaf with the bacon and finish cooking.
NotesThis is the meatloaf that my Mom always made and the one that I always make now. It's my favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Delightful DessertsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More